CAN BE USED FOR
- Assess the smell stability at each phase of production, including validation of finished product quality
- Ensure odor defects are not transferred from packaging materials to products
- Monitor the drift in time of the fragrance in formulas
- Verify the quality of raw materials compared to the perfume house’s database of scent references
- Provide objective olfaction data comparisons between suppliers
- Reduce development time by using olfaction data to characterize new formulations
- Provide objective data outside of traditional smell panels
Limonene versus Limonene Oxide
Limonene is a highly common scent ingredient and solvent naturally occurring in the rind of citrus fruit. This colorless liquid is often used for its light, fresh and sweet citrus odor in household and personal care products. In some cases, it is also used for its penetration-enhancing effects for skin care.
However, when limonene oxidizes not only can the odor turn rancid—it can go from beneficial to skin irritant. So careful quality control over this ingredient can mean the difference between sellable product and costly recalls.
Odors are complicated and deciding what is “OK” or “Not OK” and what “ideal” is differs across regions and cultures. Although it’s often easy to standardize the evaluation of tactile and visual attributes of a product, odor evaluation remains difficult to standardize.
Manufacturing operations are focused on minimizing Cost of Quality (COQ) as it can account for significant portion of their controllable costs. Much of the business intelligence and analytic solutions in this area have focused on process optimization and preventative...
We’ve seen rise of various digital olfaction devices, which aim to digitize and reproduce smells. Aryballe’s own digital olfaction device combines biochemistry, advanced optics and machine learning to mimic the human sense of smell. But we have a broader vision for our devices
COVID-19 has created an economic situation different from any previous crisis. The collective trauma of this global pandemic on our population has disrupted our economy, and is likely shifting many consumer and market trends going forward. A question remains, what...
A NEED IN
PERSONAL CARE & COSMETICS
If you would like more information about our digital olfaction technology and how it can help your organization, please contact us.