CAN BE USED FOR
- Rapid screening of new formulation/reformulation candidates before final human panel evaluation
- Evaluation of delivery systems to detect fragrance intensity—over time or comparing delivery systems
- Monitoring fragrance performance over time or conditions—such as laundry detergent from wet to dried or floor cleaner during and post application
supply chain operations
- Verify the quality of incoming raw materials compared to existing standards
- Provide objective olfaction data comparisons between suppliers or ingredient grades
- Rapid counterfeit screening for incoming deliveries
cost of quality
- Provide simple, documentable pass/fail odor metrics for end-product assessment
- Easily perform on-the-floor analysis to ensure wash outs are complete before running the new product
- Assess product fragrance at each stage of a production batch to ensure overall lot consistency
Limonene versus Limonene Oxide
Limonene is a highly common scent ingredient and solvent naturally occurring in the rind of citrus fruit. This colorless liquid is often used for its light, fresh and sweet citrus odor in household and personal care products. In some cases, it is also used for its penetration-enhancing effects for skin care.
However, when limonene oxidizes not only can the odor turn rancid—it can go from beneficial to skin irritant. So careful quality control over this ingredient can mean the difference between sellable product and costly recalls.
Fragrance has the ability to evoke powerful memories, emotions, and responses in humans. As such, it has become a key driver of purchase for consumers as it can meet both their emotional and functional needs…
The automotive industry is undergoing a sustainability revolution. Overall concern for climate change and the environment…
The way that consumers look at beverages is changing. While hydration and flavor have always been key drivers behind beverage choice, today’s consumers want more out of their beverages from a health perspective…
A NEED IN
PERSONAL CARE & COSMETICS
If you would like more information about our digital olfaction technology and how it can help your organization, please contact us.