CAN BE USED FOR
RIDE AND CAR
Discover how consumer expectations are evolving around the vehicle experience and how digital olfaction fits in.
- Objective classification of VOCs for plastics and fabrics
- Enables quantitative standards for acceptable level of odors
- Assists in control of branded “new car smell” odor
- Enables modification of odor acceptability based on geographic consumer preferences
- Signal early warning signs for component malfunction like electronics degradation or battery aging
- Detect fluid leaks like dripping oil or fuel before catastrophic failure
- Assist in diagnosing system failures
Ensuring a Positive
- Alert central fleet management when ride sharing asset requires service due to odors in the car before a poor customer experience occurs
- Detect driver behavior that violates rental contract (ex. Smoking, pets, etc.)
- Enable enforcement of clean car policies for ridesharing companies with quantifiable cabin odor data
Collaborating with Leaders in Automotive
The Digital Olfaction Automotive Consortium brings together key players across the automotive industry to address industry trends attributed to new mobility services and the evolution of self-driving cars.
Automotive Cabin Odors
Cabin air quality continues to be a core focus in the automotive and mobility space—whether for shared or personal vehicles. In the case of shared car services (i.e. rentals, rideshare or carshare), ensuring a “clean” cabin speaks to the customer experience and ultimately overall brand trust. This is especially important as the shared mobility market becomes more crowded.
Odors are complicated and deciding what is “OK” or “Not OK” and what “ideal” is differs across regions and cultures. Although it’s often easy to standardize the evaluation of tactile and visual attributes of a product, odor evaluation remains difficult to standardize.
Manufacturing operations are focused on minimizing Cost of Quality (COQ) as it can account for significant portion of their controllable costs. Much of the business intelligence and analytic solutions in this area have focused on process optimization and preventative...
COVID-19 has created an economic situation different from any previous crisis. The collective trauma of this global pandemic on our population has disrupted our economy, and is likely shifting many consumer and market trends going forward. A question remains, what...
Today, we’re taking that one step further and sharing the three top applications of digital olfaction in the automotive industry. User comfort : You’ve most likely gotten into an Uber or Lyft at some point and been confronted by an unpleasant smell…