As the leader in digital olfaction, Aryballe enables the digitization of smell through our hardware-enabled software and dataware solutions. Aryballe is seeking a Test and Characterization Engineer to join our growing team.
This role is responsible for the industrial testing and characterization of Aryballe’s platform of silicon photonic sensors. As the Test and Characterization Engineer, you will be responsible for the definition and development of optoelectronic test solutions and the analysis of measurement results with key stakeholders. You will also be involved in the validation and industrialization of products by working in close collaboration with the photonics designer, chemical expert, system integration engineer and electronic engineer.
- Definition of wafer testing strategy and implementation at Aryballe
- Characterize photonic wafers to validate process and design
- Develop industrial tests for sensors to ensure manufacturing quality and optimize yield
- Participate as a key player in product industrialization, coordinating with Aryballe’s industrial partners
- Develop and implement complete test solution for final product using your technical knowledge of image sensors and laser sources
- Travel to Europe (approximately once per quarter) to foundry and industrial partners is expected.
- Master’s degree in electronics, optoelectronics or semiconductor physics
- 3-5 years in testing or characterizing integrated photonic circuits
- Proficient in characterization tools (Python, MatLAB, LabView…), laboratory optical equipment (laser sources, fiber networks, spectro, cameras…) and industrial equipment for testing integrated circuits (prober, handler, etc.)
- Knowledge of photonic circuit manufacturing process desired
- Experience with mechanical design software (SolidWorks, Fusion…) a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English required
- Ability to work collaboratively, with a spirit of curiosity, synthesis and analysis, with a team and interface with other departments
- Demonstrated interpersonal and organization skills, ability to work autonomously and motivated to work in a fast-paced, startup environment
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
The data entered in this form is collected to follow up on your inquiry about open positions at Aryballe.