As the leader in digital olfaction, Aryballe combines biochemical sensors, advanced optics, and machine learning in a single objective solution to collect, display and analyze odor data so companies can make better decisions. Our solutions enable the digitization of smell through our hardware-enabled software and dataware solutions. Aryballe is looking for a Silicon Photonic Engineer to join our growing team.
This role will be involved with the continued development of our silicon photonics platform for Aryballe’s olfaction sensors and designing future circuits for the project in conjunction with chemical and mechatronic engineers. By working close collaboration with the operations manager, the silicon project manager and the chemical expert, and supported by photonic experts from industrial and academic collaborations, the Silicon Photonics Engineer will play a major role in the execution of this technology platform.
- Provide expertise in the design of the circuits and the manufacturing steps of photonic wafers with the chosen foundry.
- Perform characterization of current and future photonic circuits and set up the necessary R&D measurement benches to anticipate production.
- Participate in the definition of the instrumentation necessary for industrial circuit testing.
- Help define photonic assembly and packaging solutions.
- Participate in the definition of the optoelectronic components necessary for the production of the final products.
- Work with industrial partners and subcontractors to qualify and execute Aryballe’s measurement systems into production.
- Travel to global foundries, assemblers and suppliers is to be expected
- Master’s degree training in semiconductor electronics or physics
- 3 to 5 years experience in simulation, design or characterization of integrated photonic circuits
- Proficiency in engineering software tools including simulation tools (Lumerical, Synopsis…), design (Cadence Virtuoso, PhotonDesign, Mentor Graphics Pyxis, KLayout…) and characterization (Python, MatLAB, LabView…).
- Knowledge of the desired photonic circuit manufacturing processes
- Experience with mechanical design software (SolidWorks, Fusion…) a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Ability to work collaboratively, with a spirit of curiosity, synthesis and analysis, with a team and interface with other departments
- Demonstrated interpersonal and organization skills, ability to work autonomously and motivated to work in a fast-paced, startup environment
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
The data entered in this form is collected to follow up on your inquiry about open positions at Aryballe.