As the leader in digital olfaction, Aryballe combines biochemical sensors, advanced optics, and machine learning in a single objective solution to collect, display and analyze odor data so companies can make better decisions. We partner with leaders in a variety of industries, including in food and automotive, to deliver comprehensive solutions to improve quality and experience in end use applications, for both consumer and industrial use cases. Aryballe is seeking a Field Application Engineer to join our growing commercial team.
This role is responsible for supporting our customers by applying a strong technical understanding of our products and our customers’ businesses to help them validate their requirements against our product, identify any technical risks and provide mitigation strategies when needed. This role also communicates product feedback and new customer requirements to business development, product management, and marketing.
This role is based in the Grenoble, France with up to 40% travel to support key customers and reports to the Senior Application Engineering Manager.
- Develop strong relationships with customers as well as Aryballe’s business development and product teams as a trusted advisor to facilitate solution improvements.
- Participate in technical discussions and reviews with the client’s R&D teams and address any product-related concerns.
- Perform client and prospect demonstrations (both virtual and in-person).
- Proactively guide customers through their product options and prescribe solutions based on their needs.
- Identify any custom technical requirements and coordinate as necessary with product team.
- Assist with technical documentation for clients, products and the Aryballe website.
- Share technical and customer insights and feedback with product management team to facilitate new features and updates.
- Translate deep technical information for a variety of audiences.
- Minimum of Engineering degree (General, Mechanical, Chemical). Prefer Ph.D. or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an applications or sales engineer with customer interaction.
- Candidates with experience in Automotive Industry or Consumer Appliance Industry in technical and/or customer-facing role are preferred.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to make effective customer presentations.
- Strong leadership skills to lead all technical aspects of customer engagements.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple accounts/opportunities.
- Experience creating detailed technical proposal and implementation plans.
- Experience preparing RFP and RFI responses.
- Willingness to travel up to 40%, including potential travel to Asia
- Fluency in French and English
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
The data entered in this form is collected to follow up on your inquiry about open positions at Aryballe.